Senior Sales Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a senior sales engineer to join our Business Development team. For this job, you'll bring extensive experience working with large Fortune 500 companies, a strong technical background with detailed knowledge of Enterprise Cloud Solutions/Integrations, plus broad experience in consultative or solution-based sales. You'll display strong confidence and leadership, and be able to conduct presentations and product demonstrations to C-level executives. You'll also enjoy working with people and technology, and as such you have both the ability to interact with engineering teams as well as have excellent relationship-building and communication skills.
- Actively participate in the business development process; assist BusDev and executive teams during customer calls, on-site customer meetings, and all technical aspects of the customer cycle; discover customer business and technical objectives and develop solution requirements.
- Effectively communicate business and technical value of OnLive technology.
- Ability to articulate the technology issues and determine solutions to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ''C'' level management.
- Partner and coordinate with Product Management, and Project Management to ensure that all customer requirements are documented and transitioned.
- Develop statements of work and technical proposals for presentation to customers; ensure that proposals are technically sound and deliverable.
- Perform technical benefits assessment for customers by gaining detailed understanding of their environment.
- Maintain expert knowledge of OnLive technology & products, develop and present unique solutions, and maintain knowledge of emerging trends in cloud technology and Platform-as-a-Service.
- Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products and what strategy OnLive should develop to counter.
- Define, develop and implement actions according to customer plans; participate in account relationship and issue management activities.
- Work directly with Product Management team to deliver feedback from the field to best facilitate ideas for product development.
- Ensure smooth customer implementations by coordinating installation and implementation with Account Management.
- Build and maintain relationships with financial, subject and technical decision makers and influencers in prospect base.
- Travel to customer site if needed, depending on the customer engagement.
- Attend major industry events.
- BA/BS technical degree with a strong academic record.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical sales engineering or consulting experience.
- Proven ability to adapt your presentations to the technical level of the audience, and comfort with presenting technical materials to large groups.
- Strong foundation in VDI/Virtualization/Platform-as-a-Service/Applications-as-a-Service.
- Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to travel when required (up to 25% travel).