Are you a Developer who admins systems? Or a Sysadmin who writes code? Fearless enough to work on a large-scale infrastructure? Do you like games?
We are seeking talented senior engineers to join our high-impact devops team at OnLive.
The OpsEng team at OnLive is responsible for infrastructure architecture, automation, and operations to support the world's first cloud based, on-demand gaming service. We manage system configuration, deployment tools, assist database operations, implement methodologies and best practices, and architect systems to perform securely, run reliably and scale efficiently. We work very closely with Operations and Engineering teams to enable this unique service.
- Production deployment & configuration management automation
- Internal tools development- Provide support to deployment and production issues during and off regular office hours
- Close interaction with engineering and operations teams
- Software and security design reviews
- Strong programming skills (Ruby, Bash)
- Large scale Production systems engineering/administration experience
- Expert understanding of Linux operating systems and troubleshooting; Redhat/Centos preferred
- Deploy, configure and maintain Open source tools
- Blackbox debugging complex systems (tcpdump, strace, wireshark)
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
- Quick learner, strong leadership and communication skills
- 5 or more years of real-world experience
Preferred job experience:
- Proven experience deploying configuration management systems (Puppet/CFEngine)
- Modern SysAdmin best practices; config and package management, source control, automation and deployments
- Expert understanding of virtualization technologies and experience using them at scale
- Understand what it means to run a global large-scale datacenter infrastructure (infrastructure and application layer)