Sr. Applications Engineer for Business Development
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a Senior Applications Engineering to join our Business Development team. For this job, you’ll bring extensive experience in working with Fortune 500 companies, a strong technical background, detailed knowledge of Enterprise Cloud Solutions/Integrations, and broad experience in consultative or solution-based sales. You should have the ability to work with people and technology across varying technical backgrounds. As such you will be required to interact with not only customers, but OnLive internal engineering, sales, product, and marketing teams.
The ideal candidate is excited by difficult technical problems. Ideally they feel confident in either working across teams to gather answers or in rolling up their sleeves and starting to hack through code and systems to find the solutions themselves.
- Responsible for the technical accuracy of OnLive products and technology shared with potential clients through tradeshows and product demonstrations.
- Assist the Business Development team in understanding client’s technical needs and assist potential clients in understanding OnLive technology and services.
- Communicating technical concepts and best practices for implementation to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Coordinate client implementations and ensure that OnLive's solutions function successfully once the client’s buying decision has been successfully implemented.
- Works to add additional value to ongoing client relationships through client education of new OnLive technology and technical training on existing products.
- Works with OnLive Engineering teams to solve customer problems or to identify new applications of OnLive technology and products.
- Experience with the installation and administration of internal and third party applications
- Windows Server, Windows 7, Windows 7, and CentOS
- Apache and MySQL
- Preferred experience troubleshooting code: Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, and PowerShell
- Knowledge of common mobile platforms such as Mac, Android, and iOS
- Networking experience a plus but not required. Prefer experience with Juniper
- BA/BS technical degree with a strong academic record
- 5+ years’ experience in applications or systems engineering
- 3+ years’ experience working in enterprise companies
- 3+ years’ experience working directly with customers
- Strong end-to-end service troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to travel when required (up to 25% travel)